The winter is coming. Recent storms left an incredible amount of damage in their wake. They also left hundreds of employees out of work or feeling pressured to stay at work even when weather warnings were sounding. While severe weather is a huge hazard for workers that forces employers to cancel work, many aerial lift operators work in poor weather every day.
Cable line workers, electrical power workers, utility workers, and construction and maintenance workers perform their tasks at great heights while managing work tools and their stability. The following safety protocols can protect their lives while working in any type of weather:
– Do not use aerial lifts in high winds above 20 miles per hour, or when 20 MPH winds are closer than 30 minutes away from the work site
– Do not use aerial lifts in temperatures under 10 degrees Fahrenheit
– Do not operate aerial lifts in icy weather or intense rain or snow
– Position aerial lifts on stable, even ground
– Treat all power lines as live and stay at least 10 feet away
Choose Quentin Lift for your aerial lift and scissor lift purchasing needs. From fall protection to accident avoidance and more, we’re the best choice for manufacturing and training in China!
If you have any questions about our scissor lift or aerial lift fall protection training, give us a call at 0086-531-88029300. Thanks for considering us for your scissor lift purchasing and training.